Survival during a bushfire can depend on many factors, from fuel loads to the local weather conditions. But one of the most significant factors is having an awareness and understanding of bushfires. Firefighters knowledge can be the key when considering the amount of fire they confront yearly. There are a low number of deaths and significant injuries.
Thus, two key factors play a part in this. One is the training a person has completed before exposure to a bushfire and experience. The latter is something that local workers or residents may not achieve with ease, but the training is something every person and organisation can complete. Providing an understanding of what it may be like when exposed to an approaching bushfire.
Simple knowledge of fire behaviour may save your life. are you aware of the following factors about bushfires:
- The speed of a fire double for each 10 degrees increase in slope
- A high level of available fuels contribute to a significant increase in fire intensity (available fuels are sticks and other combustible material 6mm or less)
- The burning zone maybe 10 to 100 m in-depth, so it hazardous to try and run through the flames, even in a grass fire.
- In a bushfire, there may be two fire fronts. One in the crown of the trees closely followed by s surface fire.
- The wind may be said to be the driver of fire. However, general weather conditions like temperature, humidity and drought factors combine to increase the potential danger to life and the environment.
Having all of these factors and many more explained by an experienced and qualified trainer may give you the knowledge to save your life.
What you will learn in Bushfire Awareness Training:
Has a Bushfire impacted you, or do you have employees travelling through Victoria during the Bushfire Season? Would a basic or advanced bushfire awareness course help prepare you for the worst-case scenario? To be well informed on the dangers of bushfires is the key to employee and personal safety.
Furthermore, imagine travelling through a bushfire prone area and being confronted with a fire. In reality, is it likely that your employees will know the most appropriate and potentially life-saving action to take?
Above all, at STG Fire Safety Training, we are well-positioned to provide bushfire training courses from basic to advanced for all Victorians. Being aware of all aspects associate with bushfires may help to keep you alive! Please read on and find out why!
Who is likely to benefit from this bushfire training course:
Businesses (general); Wind Farm employees; Railway employees; Government contractors; Government departments; School students and staff; Construction companies; Farming communities and families; Factories located near a rural/urban interface; Utility Companies (Gas, power, water and others); Mining operations; And many more.
How long will the training take?
- Basic Bushfire Awareness: 4 Hours – $55 per person
- Workplace Bushfire Awareness: 6 Hours – $107 per person
- Hi Risk Workplace Bushfire Awareness: 8 Hours – $134 per person
Note: These courses are designed for people with little or no understanding of Bushfire risk. Furthermore, a certificate of participation will be provided to attendees.
Generally, we travel to all locations throughout Victoria and Australia. Hence, please email or call for a quotation.
As an ongoing commitment to bushfire awareness & community safety, we can offer a no-obligation review of your bushfire safety preparations***. You send us your plan and as many photographs as you can, and we will send you a free report (Conditions apply)***.
About the presenter:
Firstly, our presenter is a retired CFA career firefighter with experience responding to significant bushfires throughout Australia. Secondly, managing the response of almost 100 brigades.
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment
- Associate Diploma of Applied Science in Fire Technology;
- And is a Graduate Member of the Institute of Fire Engineers
- Strike Team Leader (Wildfire & Structure fire) *
- Operations Officer (Commander)*
- Wildfire Behavior and Suppression
Ask us a question:[formidable id=”4″]
*Retired firefighter and no longer performing the role.
STG Fire Safety Planning Staff conducts ***All reviews. We will commit up to one hour for the study and send you a summary of our findings. We can complete up to 10 checks per month (please allow one month to complete the report). If you would like a more extensive review within seven days, please get in touch with us.
Cost: $98 inc GST. The review is of your document/s and photographs, so the more you send, the better the review.
Important note: the review and subsequent free report are for your main residential dwelling and up to two other outbuildings within proximity of the primary residence. STG Fire Safety Training retains the right to reject any free review without explanation. For a complete farm or business audit, please get in touch with us for a quotation.
If you would like us to visit your Victorian property, please let us know. Our full onsite audit, report and bushfire emergency management plans start at $598 inc GST.