Survival during a bushfire can depend on many factors from fuel loads to the local weather conditions. But one of the most significant factors is having an awareness and understanding of bushfires. Knowledge can be the key. Considering the amount of fire our firefighters are exposed to every year there a relatively low number of deaths and significant injuries.
Thus, there is two key factors that play a part in this. One being the training a person has completed prior to exposure to a bushfire and experience. The later is something that local workers or residents may not be able to achieve with ease, but the training is something every person and organisation can complete. Providing an understanding of what it may be like if you are exposed to an approaching bushfire.
Simple knowledge of fire behavior may save your life. are you aware of the following factors about bushfire:
- The speed of a fire double for each 10 degrees increase in slope
- High level of available fuels contribute to a significant increase in fire intensity (available fuels are sticks and other combustible material 6mm or less)
- The burning zone may be 10 to 100 m in depth, so it extremely dangerous to try and run through the flames even in a grass fire
- In a bushfire there may be two fire fronts – one in the crown of the bush and closely followed by s surface fire
- The wind may be said to be the driver of a fire but general weather condition like temperature, humidity and drought factor combine to increase the potential danger to life and the environment.
Having all of these factors and many more explained by an experienced and qualified trainer may give you knowledge that will save your life.
What you will learn in Bushfire Awareness Training:
Have you been impacted by a Bushfire or do you have employees travelling through country Victoria during the Bushfire Season? Would a basic or advanced bushfire awareness course help prepare you for the worst-case scenario? To be well informed on the dangers of bushfire is the key to employee and personal safety.
Furthermore, imagine travelling through a bushfire prone area and being confronted with a fire. In reality, is it likely your employees will know the most appropriate, and potentially life-saving, action to take?
Above all, at STG Fire Safety Training we are well-positioned to provide bushfire training courses from basic to advanced, for all Victorians. Being aware of all aspects associate with bushfire may help to keep you alive! Please read on and find out why!
Who is likely to benefit from this bushfire training course:
Businesses (general); Wind Farm employees; Railway employees; Government contractors; Government departments; School students and staff; Construction companies; Farming communities and families; Factories located near a rural/urban interface; Utility Companies (Gas, power, water and others); Mining operations; And many more.
How long will the training take?
- Basic Bushfire Awareness: 4 Hours – $55 per person
- Workplace Bushfire Awareness: 6 Hours – $107 per person
- Hi Risk Workplace Bushfire Awareness: 8 Hours – $134 per person
Note: These courses are designed for people with little or no understanding of Bushfire risk. Furthermore, a certificate of participation will be provided to attendees.
Generally, we travel to all locations throughout Victoria and Australia. Hence, please email or call for a quotation.
As an ongoing commitment to bushfire awareness & community safety. We can offer a no-obligation review of your bushfire safety preparations***. You simply send us your plan and as many photographs as you can, and we will send you a free report (Conditions apply)***.
About the presenter:
Firstly, our presenter is a retired CFA career firefighter with experience responding to major bushfires throughout Australia. Secondly, managing the response of almost 100 brigades.
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment
- Associate Diploma of Applied Science in Fire Technology;
- And is a Graduate Member of the Institute of Fire Engineers
- Strike Team Leader (Wildfire & Structure fire) *
- Operations Officer (Commander)*
- Wildfire Behavior and Suppression
Ask us a question:
*Retired firefighter and no longer performing the role.
***All reviews are conducted by STG Fire Safety Planning Staff. We will commit up to one hour for the review and send you a brief summary of our findings. We are able to complete up to 10 reviews per month (please allow one month for completion of the report). If you would like a more extensive review done within 7 days, please contact us. Cost: $98 inc GST. The review is of your document/s and photographs so the more you send the better the review.
Important note: the review and subsequent free report are for your main residential dwelling and up to two other outbuildings within close proximity of the main dwelling. STG Fire Safety Training retains the right to reject any free review without explanation. For a complete farm or business audit please contact us for a quotation.
If you would like us to visit your Victorian property please let us know. Our full onsite audit, report and bushfire emergency management plans start at $598 inc GST.