If your business is located in Melbourne or Regional Victoria and would also like to understand the role of a fire warden, please read on:
Summary of the information learned during our fire warden training in Melbourne and Regional Victoria:
Skills List (nationally Accredited RTO:90909).
- Role and function of the emergency planning committee (EPC)
- Understanding and importance of the emergency plan
- Emergency response procedures
- Parts and responsibilities of the emergency control organisation, including the chief warden (ECO)
- Training requirements including skills maintenance
- Plan and conduct emergency response exercises
- Reviewing the emergency plan and communications systems/methods
Onsite & Offsite emergency fire warden courses
Even though emergency fire warden training and planning are part of commonwealth and state legislation, average compliance rates with Australian Standard 3745 are less than 30% within the business community. Generally, those that comply tend to be larger organisations.
It would help if you answered a few questions relating to your situation. Some of those may include, “does your business require accredited or skill-maintenance emergency fire warden courses”? “How much does fire warden training cost”?
Your emergency management plan may be a workable document or, more likely, a nice-looking document that doesn’t meet your needs.
In brief, a great start is fire warden training, which will help to prepare your staff for emergencies. One of the emergency control organisations (ECO) functions in a facility is preparedness and responder knowledge.
Fire Warden Training requirements explained
The charts below give individuals an understanding of the requirements, particularly Australian Standard 3745-2010 (Planning for emergencies in facilities):
Click to see image:
|Initial Training||In House Activity||Qualified Trainer||Qualified Trainer||Recommended|
|National accreditation||6 monthly training activity||12 monthly training activity||2 yearly first attack training||3-year accreditation|
|PUAFER006 (Chief Warden)
|PUAFER008 (First Attack)
About emergency, fire warden training Melbourne.
Knowledge can be the difference between life and death. So the emergency fire wardens have a significant role in preparedness, response, and recovery.
Problem-solving and providing support also to those who may require assistance. Thus, fire wardens need to consider what is happening around them continually. They can learn these skills in most circumstances, and STG Fire Safety Training is well-positioned to provide such education and training.
Furthermore, STG Fire Safety Training can provide courses that include emergency management planning. In particular, what the fire warden can expect to do during an emergency? Similarly, making sure you achieve full compliance as defined in Australian Standard 3745.
Call us on (03) 9005 1767.
Notes: Fire warden training costs and discounts apply for multiple-person and multiple-day courses.
Guide to nationally accredited fire warden courses:
|Title||Code||Formal title||Fire warden training cost:|
| Fire Warden
|PUAFER005||Act as part of an emergency control organization||From $95 to $150 (dependent on numbers) (duriation 4.00 hrs)|
| Chief Fire Warden
|PUAFER006||Lead an emergency control organisation||From $95 to $145 (dependent on numbers) (duriation 3.00 hrs)|
| Fire Extinguisher
|PUAFER008||Confine small workplace emergencies||From $95 to $145 (dependent on numbers) (duriation 3.00 hrs)|
General Training Costs
Doing any combination of these courses will attract a discount.
- The Emergency Warden course only. = $145 for one person. Discounts apply on a sliding scale for each extra person from a business (to a minimum of $95 per person).
- For the Chief Warden course only. = $135 for one person. All additional participants from any business will consequently attract a discount on a sliding scale to a minimum of $95 per person.
- Fire extinguisher course only. = $145 for one person. Discounts apply on a sliding scale for each extra person from a business (to a minimum of $95 per person).
- Suppose you are participating in a combination of two or more courses. For example, for the emergency warden and chief warden, training would be $250—a discount on a sliding scale for each extra person to a minimum of $175.
If you have any questions about this, please let us know.
Lastly, public safety modules are part of the National Training Framework. All fire safety courses are conducted onsite at your location. We also have a training facility located in Ballarat, Victoria.
There are no minimum numbers, but for cost-effectiveness, we suggest at least 5 participants.
STG Fire Safety Training is proud to be an Allen’s Training Pty Ltd Partner (Quality Assured Training).
Emergency warden evacuation video.
The following is one of the better videos about the role of the Fire Warden. It is American and a few years old but still very relevant in today’s emergency planning environment. Thank you to ACSASafety.
STG Fire Safety Training is proud to be an Allen’s Training Pty Ltd Partner (Quality Assured Training)
Also, below are some examples of classroom learning and other activities:
The Emergency Fire Warden will learn.
- How to respond to emergency reports, signals and warnings.
- Initiating and controlling an initial emergency response.
- Anticipating the development of emergencies.
- Helping with a post-initial reaction.
The Chief Emergency Warden will learn.
1. How to prepare for workplace emergencies.
2. Applying command control and coordination concerning workplace emergency procedures.
3. Controlling the response to emergency reports, signals, and warnings.
4. Coordinating reports and results of the first emergency response.
5. Effective conclusion of an emergency.
Fire extinguisher training and what you will learn.
- How to prepare for emergencies.
- Identifying and assessing an emergency.
- How to safely confine emergencies where possible.
- Using first response equipment.
- Methods of reporting workplace emergency response
Onsite & Offsite Courses
Fire warden training in Melbourne and Regional Victoria provided by STG Fire Safety training. All courses are nationally accredited and may include the same content.
Ask Us a Question:
Usually, we respond to quotation requests within a few hours. There is no obligation.